Can you believe it’s 2016?!
You may have noticed a brief hiatus but not to worry, we’re back and we’re better (word to Bryson Tiller) but no seriously we are back and better than ever! Sometimes life can throw all types of obstacles our way, but we can’t let that get the best of us. After taking a moment to gather thoughts, re-find motivation and myself, I’m in a great place and I’m ready to remind the world that we were all Born Worthy.
I don’t know about you but I definitely learned more about myself throughout 2015 and no matter what happened, good or bad, I can honestly say I made a learning lesson out of every scenario. Remember, if we can learn from something then it most definitely served a purpose in our lives.
Too often we reflect and get down on ourselves thinking of the negative or the bad that happened, but let’s make a promise from this point forward we’re looking to the positive. I repeat an important key is POSITIVITY. I know what you’re thinking, as if you don’t already hear it enough and it’s sometimes easier said than done, but just how far can positivity take you?
The answer is simple; it will take you as far as you let it. Instead of a ‘New Year, New You,’ let’s simply strive for a ‘New Year, BETTER You.’ No matter where you are in life, you can always become a better version of yourself. We all can push and motivate ourselves more and more. There is NO CAP ON GREATNESS. Trust me when I say this, you are ENOUGH and you’ll always be enough. So let’s get started together! Here are a few things to help you kick off this New Year and get started on the road to a BETTER YOU…
1. READ READ READ! I can’t stress how important it is to never stop learning! You don’t have to be in school to learn. Watch a documentary, read a book, attend a workshop. There’s a million ways to learn but never let your mind stop evolving.
2. GET ACTIVE! Notice I say get active and not workout. Working out is great and fitness is important but as long as you start somewhere you’re on track to a better you. Take a walk, join a class, dance, walk around the office at work. Get some movement in everyday any way you possibly can.
3. SMILE PRETTY. You just don’t know how far a smile can take you. No seriously try smiling within the first 30 seconds of waking up, it can affect your day (in a positive way of course).
4. ESSENTIALS – WATER, LEMON, COCONUT OIL. I don’t think I have to explain this one, just make sure you invest and make these apart of your daily routine ASAP.
5. NETWORK. Seriously get out and meet some new people this year! Haven’t you heard “Your Network determines your Net Worth” find someone smarter than you and learn from them, then in turn find a mentee and teach them something!
I’m not a New Year’s resolution kind of girl, I set goals no matter what point of the year it is and I take steps towards those goals. Some times I’m taking baby steps and some times I’m leaping, but no matter what I’m always moving forward. Not going to lie though, something about a new year just makes you want to be on some new shhh…. but no matter which way you look at it, as long as you’re making progress in life and making the most of the situation – you are BOMB!
Cheers to 2016, Let’s Get It…